The Ligier JS F3 was revealed at Austin last October at the USA Formula 1 Grand Prix and it will soon hit the track for the first time. The car designed by Onroak Automotive and built in its workshops in North Carolina will equip the whole field in the new F3 Americas Championship.
Like the Ligier JS F4 destined for the F4 U.S. Championship, the Ligier JS F3 will use Pirelli tires and Honda power, the SCCA’s two partners, in the United States.
Six events held between the beginning of August and October make up the F3 Americas calendar:
- 4-5 August: Pittsburgh International Raceway Complex
- 9-11 August: Mid-Ohio Sports Car Course
- 14-16 September: New Jersey Motorsports Park
- 21-23 September: Road Atlanta
- 13-14 October: Nola Motorsports Park
- 19-21 October: Circuit of the Americas
The Ligier JS F3 complies with the FIA F3 Regional regulations, which impose particularly strict safety measures.
Technical specification of the Ligier JS F3
- Dimensions: length = 4895,5mm - width = 2920mm - wheelbase = 2920mm
- Weight: 650 kg
- Engine:* 2-liter turbocharged Honda, 16 valves, 270 bhp
- Gearbox: 6-speed sequential, steering wheel-mounted pneumatic paddle shift
- Suspension: double wishbones front and rear, 2-way adjustable dampers, adjustable anti-roll bar front and rear
- Brakes: monobloc 4-piston callipers, ventilated steel discs
Its price, with engine, is $134,000.
* For the F3 Americas Championship
Max Crawford, General Manager of Onroak Automotive North America: “The excitement for the Ligier JS F3 and the F3 Americas Championship has been building since our announcement in October. With our extensive experience with building composite race cars and strong, lightweight composite materials for racing and aerospace industries, we are producing a chassis with the safety features of the current F1 chassis. The Ligier JS F3 exhibits the latest in technology, safety and styling which is the new standard for the FIA F3.”